2016 BOT Elections
Voters will go to the polls on November 8, 2016 to determine who will hold two places on the Grayson College District seven-member Board of Trustees. Up for election are two at-large places, currently held Jackie Butler and Bill McFatridge. The terms are for six years.
Individuals seeking to be elected may file as candidates by submitting the required paperwork on weekdays from Monday, July 25, 2016 through Monday, August 22, 2016 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Filing forms and other useful information are available in the President's Office at 6100 Grayson Drive, Denison, Texas. Please see the President's Assistant in the Administration Building.
To be eligible to be a candidate for, or elected or appointed to, a public elective office in this state, including a college district board member, a person must:
- Be a United States citizen.
- Be 18 years of age or older on the first day of the term to be filled at the election or on the date of appointment, as applicable.
- Have not been determined by a final judgment of a court exercising probate jurisdiction to be:
- Totally mentally incapacitated; or
- Partially mentally incapacitated without the right to vote.
- Have not been finally convicted of a felony from which the person has not been pardoned or otherwise released from the resulting disabilities.
- Have resided continuously in the state for 12 months and in the territory from which the office is elected for six months immediately preceding the following date:
- For an independent candidate, the date of the regular filing deadline for a candidate's application for a place on the ballot.
- For a write-in candidate, the date of the election at which the candidate's name is written in.
- For an appointee to an office, the date the appointment is made.
Board members are elected to serve at large and are volunteers who serve without pay. They serve staggered terms so that there are always experienced members on the board.Votes for write-in candidates will not be counted unless the individual has filed a declaration of write-in candidacy by August 26, 2016 at the President's office. Early voting will take place October 24 – November 4, 2016.