Police and Campus Safety
Current students of Grayson College, Faculty, Staff, and the general public can register to receive voice and email messages via GC Alert, the college's emergency notification system. This web-based service sends high-priority messages during urgent situations.
Manage your contact profile to the service online through GC Alert. You can update your contact information for receiving alerts, and you can add, delete, or update your devices.
How to Manage Your GC Alert
- Go to GC Alert.
- Select Register (next to the Login button) to get started.
- Enter your information to receive an email from the Rave system.
- Select the link provided in the email to sign into the system.
- Edit contact information once you are logged in to the system if needed.
- Here you can add, edit, or delete your alert devices.
More About GC Alert
- The alert service is currently available and will be used in emergencies, drills, and exercises, including campus closings.
- Any time you log in to GC Alert, you can edit your alert devices and update your contact information.
- While not mandatory, it is recommended that you to enter a device to receive a text message. A text message will very likely be the most convenient, immediate, and reliable way to receive an alert during an emergency situation.
- Notifications will still be available through voice and email unless you change your profile.
- Emergency information will still be communicated by the main Grayson College phone line and the Grayson College website.
- In the event of weather closings, information will also be available through Cancellations.com.
- Alerts will appear like other text messages normally do on your device. The message will be sent by Grayson College officials and inform you of the situation status.
- The cost of the text messages will be handled according to your carrier and plan, just like your other texts. There is no additional fee.
- You can add up to 14 different devices to your profile to receive GC Alert.