Veterans Services Offices
- Texoma Veterans Resource Guide
- Sherman VA~CBOC (Sherman, TX)
- Sam Rayburn Memorial Veterans Center (Bonham, TX)
- Veterans Center North Texas We assess Veteran's needs and connect them with qualified service providers
(Texas211) Veterans Assistance provides Veterans assistance in Texas; includes information and referral agencies, home and land loans, healthcare, vocational resources and more...
- Wounded Warrior Project (Warrior and Caregiver Programs)
- (WWP) Alumni and Family Support Registration Wounded Warrior Project® (WWP) serves veterans and service members who incurred a physical or mental injury, illness, or wound, co-incident to their military service on or after September 11, 2001.
- Operation Homefront Operation Homefront leads more than 2,500 volunteers with nationwide presence who provide emergency and other financial assistance to the families of service members and wounded warriors
- Hazlewood Student Hours Online All Hazlewood applicants (veterans & dependents) must register online in order to track hours used through the program.
- State Bar of Texas (Veterans Legal Assistance) Texas Lawyers for Texas Veterans is a State Bar of Texas program to develop and assist pro-bono legal clinics throughout the state for military veterans who otherwise cannot afford or do not have access to the legal services they need.
- Texas Health and Human Services Commission The mission of HHSC is to maintain and improve the health and human services system in Texas and to administer its programs in accordance with the highest standards of customer service and accountability for the effective use of funds.
- Texas Veterans Commission Our purpose has always been to act as the state appointed advocate of Texas veterans as they attempt to secure the benefits rightfully earned in exchange for their service in our nation's armed forces.
- Texas Veterans Leadership Program The Texas Workforce Commission (TWC) is committed to serving veterans of Iraq and Afghanistan as they transition to civilian life in Texas. TWC's Texas Veterans Leadership Program provides resource and referral services. Veterans Resource and Referral Specialists are located throughout the state to provide job search and employment assistance, information about education and training resources, and help with other federal, state and community veteran programs.
- Texas Veterans Portal The Texas Veterans Portal is a resource for veterans, their families, and their survivors. Helpful information from many government agencies is listed so that you can find the assistance, services, and benefits you need.
Voter Registration When registering to vote, remember to keep information up-to-date.
- Build Your Career - U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs Resources for veterans, family members, and civilians to obtain career advice and find jobs. Helpful information whether seeking a job at the VA, another federal agency, or the private sector.
- Center for Women Veterans The Center serves as an advocate for a cultural transformation (both within VA and in the general public) in recognizing the service and contributions of women Veterans and women in the military, and in raising awareness of the responsibility to treat women Veterans with dignity and respect.
Children of Fallen Patriots Foundation If you are the child of a service member who has died in service to his or her nation, you may be eligible for a scholarship.
- Continuing Education Resources for Veterans Additional grants and scholarships available for veterans and dependents. Website:http://www.accreditedonlinecolleges.org/Resources/Veteran-Continuing-Ed/
- Disabled American Veterans DAV provides free help with earned VA benefits, transportation and advocacy.
- eBenefits eBenefits is a portal; a central location for Veterans, Service Members, and their families to research, find, access, and, in time, manage their benefits and personal information.
- Joint Services Transcript You may request copies of your military transcript online.
- Lone Survivor Foundation The Lone Survivor Foundation (LSF) restores, empowers, and renews hope for our wounded warriors and their families using therapeutic support, health and wellness, inspiration, and nature, while emphasizing camaraderie, understanding, respect, and pride.
- Make the Connection Make the Connection provides personal video testimonials and resources to help Veterans discover ways to improve their lives. The site also provides informational resources on mental health conditions such as PTSD and depression , and symptoms of problems such as drug and alcohol abuse.
- Marine Corps Leadership Scholars Program Texas Tech University has been selected as a participating college in the Marine Corps Leadership Scholars Program which helps honorably discharging Marines continue their education.
- National Archives The National Archives can assist you with your service records. You can order your DD214 and military personnel records via their website.
- National Resource Directory Connecting Wounded Warriors, Service Members, Veterans, their families and caregivers with those who Support them.
- Student Veterans of America Coalition of student veterans groups from college campuses across the United States.
- The American Legion The American Legion is the nation's largest wartime veterans' service organization, committed to mentoring youth and sponsorship of wholesome programs in our communities, advocating patriotism and honor, promoting strong national security, and continued devotion to our fellow service members and veterans.
- VA "Ask a Question" Site Find the answer to your VA questions or email VA directly from this site.
- VA Educational Resources & Comparison Chart Link to the Educational Benefits Comparison Chart and other resources.
- VA Official YouTube Channel The official YouTube channel for the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Veterans' Employment & Training Service (VETS) The U.S. Department of Labor provides information for service members, veterans, and employers.
- Veterans of Foreign Wars The VFW mission is to foster camaraderie among United States veterans of overseas conflicts.