Scholarships must be applied for each academic year, unless otherwise stated. Foundation scholarship awards range from $250-$2,000 per year.
- Complete scholarship application (new and renewal applicants) each academic award year and return the application and requested documents to the Office of Financial Aid. Complete applications received on or before the priority deadline of March 15 will be considered first.
- Complete the FAFSA (new and renewal applicants) (exemptions: J1 or J2 exchange visitor visa, F1 or F2 student visa or G series visa, or family income of $70,000 or more). If you are exempt from completing the FAFSA, documentation must be provided to prove exemption, i.e.: Federal tax return & W-2's, Visa, or tax transcript.
- Enroll in a minimum of 12 semester hours unless otherwise specified.
- GC Foundation scholarship applicants should not exceed the maximum of 65 credit hours at Grayson College.
- Have and maintain an overall minimum 2.5 GPA (on a 4.0 scale) and complete required number of hours to remain eligible for extended scholarships.
- Scholarship funds may be used for tuition/fees/books or supplies in the semester awarded.
- Students may receive a foundation scholarship for a maximum of two (2) consecutive years.
- Scholarships may be reduced or rescinded if aid exceeds cost of attendance.
- Institutional scholarship values may not exceed $800.00 per semester excluding Presidential, Athletic or Fine Arts unless otherwise stated by off campus scholarship.
- Scholarships may be reduced or rescinded if institutional maximum scholarship award is exceeded.
- Institutional Scholarships are non-transferable. Scholarship funds are to be used during the award semester; any remaining balances will not carry forward to the following award year, nor may remaining funds be transferred to another school.
- Funds must be used by the 7th week of the semester.
- Additional documentation may be required and/or an audition may be required for various departmental scholarships.
A complete scholarship application packet will include:
- Completed application
- Copy of high school or college transcript or GED certificate
- An essay
- Letter(s) of recommendation.
- FAFSA/Pell Grant Application process must be completed (or waiver documentation)
Featured scholarships, like the Ray and Mary Morrison Student Transfer Scholarship and the TSTEM scholarship, use a separate application. Click here to view the featured scholarship applications.
Final opportunity to apply for the Ray & Mary Morrison Student Transfer Scholarship is July 31, 2017.