Steps to Dual Credit Enrollment
How do I get started? Enrollment Procedures and Requirements
Start the process by visiting with your high school counselor to discuss eligibility and class schedule. Once your high school approves, follow these steps:
2. Turn in completed and signed Enrollment Permission Form to your high school counselor.
3. Provide bacterial meningitis vaccination documentation (if courses will be taken on college campus).
4. Take the TSI assessment or provide proof of exemption (click here for score requirements). Your high school will advise you as to your testing requirements.
5. Students MUST check their emails for Grayson correspondence of important due dates and instructions for checking your schedule, payment options, etc.
6. Pay tuition before deadline!
Homeschool Enrollment Procedures and Requirements
Who can participate?
Students enrolled in a public high school, private, charter or home school who are at least 16 or entering the 11th grade can participate. Students must also have permission from the appropriate high school officials (Parent permission for Home Schooled students) and meet Texas Success Initiative standards.
What courses are available?
Students may complete the entire admissions/testing/registration process at Grayson College and in most cases, by phone, fax or email.
1. Apply for admissions at ApplyTexas.org.
2. Turn in completed and signed Enrollment Permission Form directly to Grayson College Dual Credit. Students may drop them form off at Grayson College, Fax, or Email. Please include the course and section numbers of the classes you request. Class schedules may be found on this website.
3. Provide a Notarized Official High School Transcript to Grayson College Dual Credit.
5. Provide bacterial meningitis vaccination documentation (if courses will be taken on college campus).
6. Take the TSI assessment or provide proof of exemption.
7. Grayson College will enroll all dual/concurrent students. Upon enrollment, Grayson Dual Credit will email students with instructions for payment, checking the schedule, textbooks, etc.
8. Pay tuition by the deadlines posted in the registration guide, located on this website.
9. Buy books--Grayson Bookstore.
10. Pick up your college photo ID and parking sticker--Student Life.
Fax: 903.463.5284; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.