- Financial Aid to Host Parent FAFSA Night
- Grayson College Recognizes Service at Gratitude Breakfast
- Grayson College Launches New Incentive Program for Students
- Screening of “Citizen Soldier” at Grayson College on Nov. 10
- November 2017 Viking
- Stefan Kells, Grayson alumnus, is the new SOSU advisor on campus
Financial Aid to Host Parent FAFSA Night
Date: Wed, November 1, 2017 12:00 AM
On Nov. 9, students and/or parents can come to campus to complete their Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), ask questions, get help and learn more about the financial aid process.
Grayson College’s Financial Aid and Veteran Services Office will host a Parent FAFSA Night from 6 p.m. until 8 p.m. in the Center for Interdisciplinary Studies (CIS) Building in computer labs 102 and 104.
“There will be a short presentation about general financial aid information and opportunities, but the majority of the time will be spent on helping people complete the FAFSA,” said Sara Kelly, Financial Aid Advisor with Grayson.
In order to complete the FAFSA, certain documents are necessary. Those planning to attend should bring:
- 2016 Federal Income Tax Returns (student)
- 2016 Federal Income Tax Returns (parent)
- Social Security Number
- Alien Registration Number (if you are not a U.S. citizen)
- W-2s, and other records of money earned. (Note: You may be able to transfer your federal tax return information into your FAFSA using the IRS Data Retrieval Tool.)
- Bank statements and records of investments (if applicable)
- Records of untaxed income (if applicable)
Completing the FAFSA for a first-time student should take approximately 30-45 minutes, and those who complete the form will receive an email immediately after submission letting them know if they are eligible for aid as well as the maximum amount of aid available.
“We have been going to smaller schools for the Parent FAFSA nights. So far, we have been to Bells, Bonham, Collinsville, Trenton and Whitesboro with Tioga and Whitewright scheduled, but we wanted to offer an opportunity here to help answer any questions seniors and/or their parents they may have about financial aid and the FAFSA,” said Kelly.
For anyone unable to complete the FAFSA that evening, Grayson’s Financial Aid staff will be happy to answer questions after Nov. 9 and will provide their contact information at the event.