STUDENT AMBASSADOR PROGRAM
Thank you for your interest in the Grayson College Student Ambassador Program!
The Grayson County Student Ambassadors are student positions through
the Office of Admissions. The group consists of students who assist in the promotion
of GC to prospective students, their parents and the high school guidance community.
Below you will find information and our application for the Student Ambassador Program.
Please read all the information provided.
If you are interested in becoming a GRAYSON STUDENT AMBASSADOR, email email@example.com.
The goals of the Ambassadors are to:
- Inform prospective students and parents that are interested in Grayson College
about all facets of GC life -- academic programs, faculty and students, physical
facilities, social opportunities, and student services.
- Assist with important public relations programs such as Community Events, Career
Fairs, Welding Rodeo, Viking Challenge, etc.
- Personalize the College by making campus visitors feel welcome, comfortable, and
positive about Grayson College by demonstrating sincerity, enthusiasm, credibility,
interest, and helpfulness.
Activities of the Ambassadors include:
- Representing Grayson College, by giving campus tours to college visitors.
- Making presentations about GC at high schools.
- Assisting with the call-back retention program.
- Assisting, as needed, at special recruitment events that occur throughout the year.
- Attending training sessions.
- Special events for members such as holiday parties, end-of-year receptions, and
monthly social event.
Membership in the Grayson College Student Ambassador Program is limited.
Selection criteria include:
- Dedication to the group and ability to commit necessary time (10) hours of volunteer
- Sincere desire to represent GC
- Effective speaking ability
- Ability to make a positive first impression
- Ability to adapt to a variety of situations
- Ability to work well with others
- Enthusiasm about GC
- Responsibility, dependability
Although hard work and commitment are required, much of the individual participation
in activities can be worked around Ambassadors’ class and study schedules.
Ambassadors enjoy important advantages from membership:
- Unparalleled experience in public relations (meeting people, public speaking, representing
the College) which develops the skills and confidence vital to success in job interviews
and career advancement
- Being part of a dynamic, helping organization
- Opportunity to work with and learn from Grayson College staff
- Broaden contacts among faculty, staff, students, and administration for pleasure,
help on campus, and references upon graduation
- Opportunities to develop leadership skills and a professional resume
- Participation in a close-knit, nurturing student organization which enables members
to feel more "connected" to the College
Student Ambassador Program Application and Selection
Click here to download the application.