COLLEGE CONNECTIONS TECH PREP
High school students have the opportunity to get a jump start on their career by
preparing for a college technical degree program at their local high school. They
can earn BOTH high school AND community/technical college credit (this is called
DUAL CREDIT) for completing select high school courses with a grade of “B” (3.0)
or better, at NO COST to the students or parents!
- Tech Prep prepares students for high-skill, high-wage careers.
- Tech Prep links high school and college education courses to professional technical
- 80% of 21st century jobs will demand more knowledge and higher levels of skill requiring
technical training after high school, but not necessarily a 4-year degree.
- Tech Prep allows students to explore a career and earn college credits while in
- Tech Prep credit can help students qualify for scholarships and gain work experience.
OUTREACH & EARLY COLLEGE PARTNERSHIPS
PAULA CAVENDER, DIRECTOR
Click on College Connections under the QUICK links menu.