Center for Workplace Learning
APPLY FOR TUITION & TESTING SCHOLARSHIPS!
Click on your preferred program and look for the link to apply.
- Basic Corrections Jailer
- Basic Telecommunications Licensing
- Mental Health Peace Officer
- Emergency Licensure for Uncertified Long-Term Care Aide
- Coronal Polishing
- Pit & Fissure Sealant
- Nitrous Oxide Monitoring Course & Exam
- Basic Water Operations
- Basic Waste Water Operations
The Center for Workplace Learning at Grayson College gives you convenient access to a wide selection of noncredit courses that can help you launch a new career, build skills, or simply expand your knowledge. Annually we deliver more than 220 courses to students ages 8 to 80. Check out our available courses to see for yourself all we have to offer.
Generally, CWL courses include:
- Hobby courses for personal enrichment
- Professional development seminars and training
- Workforce training programs that lead to employment in in-demand occupations
- T.E.A.M.S. for retired adults looking for interesting topics and fellowship, and
- Youth courses throughout the summer.
Persons interested in 'auditing' a regular college credit course may enroll through the CWL and by-pass all of the state-required admissions and document submissions. The CWL is also home to customized training for our area business and industry partners.
Formally established in February 2003, the CWL emerged from a partnership between Grayson College, Workforce Solutions Texoma, the Denison Development Alliance, the Sherman Economic Development Corporation, and Texas A&M University-Commerce. Since its inception, the CWL has been a gathering place where educators, private industry, and government in the Texoma Region can work together to create innovative workplace learning solutions to improve business competitiveness, create job opportunities, and enhance the economic vitality of the region.