Skip to main content

Home / Pathways / Visiting Students Mini FAQ's

Visiting Students Mini FAQ's

 Grayson College Visiting Student Frequently Asked Questions

Grayson College is offering a Spring minimester that consists of online courses. Please see the academic calendar for semester start and end dates. These classes will be recorded on the spring transcript. Information on how to enroll is provided below.  Online visiting students should only have to provide an unofficial college transcript or letter of good standing and no proof of shot records. Please have your players review the following FAQ’s and contact Grayson at if they have further questions.

Grayson College Visiting Students Frequently Asked Questions


What is required to enroll as a visiting student?

  • APPLY at
  • Send an unofficial copy of your transcript
  • Complete the TSI assessment (Texas public college students only – contact the admissions office at 903-463-8604 for specific TSI requirements)


Do I need to complete TSI testing if I am at a private school or a school that is not in Texas?

If your home institution is not in Texas or is a private school in Texas, you can waive the TSI requirement by completing and submitting the document below. 

Private Out of State Waiver


Will the course(s) transfer back to my home college?

Grayson College is a regionally accredited institution whose courses are typically transferrable to other institutions, however you should verify with your academic advisor or the Registrar’s Office at your home institution.  Once you have completed the course as a visiting student, you will need to request the Grayson College send a transcript to your home college.  Transcript requests can be made at the National Student Clearinghouse .  The transcript request button is the 6th tab and is listed in orange



How much do the courses cost?

View information regarding tuition and costs.


May I use financial aid to cover the tuition?

Visiting students are not eligible for financial aid at Grayson College.


Can my coach or parent contact Grayson College regarding the courses I am taking or the tuition and fees?

The Family Education Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA) prevents Grayson College personnel from discussing your academics or account with a third part without prior consent.  If you would like to give Grayson permission to speak with other individuals about your record you may complete and return the consent for student release information found on the MyViking portal or by contacting the Registrar’s Office at 903-463-8604.