Admission to the LVN program is selective, with registration in nursing courses by permission only. Admission to the college does not guarantee admission to the LVN program. To be considered for acceptance into the program, applicants must submit all required application information by the deadline, June 10. Minimum admission requirements include the following:
- Admission to Grayson College.
- Completion of the LVN Information Packet (available by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org).
- HESI Admission test score of 75 or higher on cumulative total of required sections. (May be taken twice in a 12 month period from the first testing date; and there must be 5 years or less from time test was taken to the date of admission into the nursing program).
- High School degree or GED.
- Completion of Anatomy and Physiology courses I & II with a grade of C or better -OR- BIOL 2404 Survey of Anatomy and Physiology with a grade of C or better. Courses must have been taken and completed within the past five years.
- Completion of required immunizations.
All documentation related to these admission requirements should be submitted to email@example.com or the administrative office of the South Campus. Only students with complete files will be considered. More detailed information about admission to the LVN program is provided in the LVN Information Packet.
To request the LVN information packet, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Selection and Acceptance Procedure (Point system)
- Applications are reviewed for required documentation by the VN Admissions Committee. Only those with complete files will be considered for admission.
- The number of spaces that can be admitted to the VN Program is limited by classroom and clinical spaces and by faculty availability. Therefore, a selection procedure is used to identify candidates who are the most academically prepared.
- Applicants with complete files will be evaluated for selection by a point system. Remember that a grade of a “C” or better must be obtained in all required courses:
A. HESI Scores
Cumulative score of 75% or higher is required
75 % or higher in all areas = 3
70 % or higher in all areas = 2
60 % or higher in all areas = 1
B. Required prerequisite science course BIOL 2404 Survey of Anatomy & Physiology
A = 6 points
B = 4 points
C = 2 points
- Once all eligible applicants have been ranked, students will be admitted from the highest ranked score to the
lowest, until all spots are filled. If there are more eligible candidates than there are spaces available, an alternate
list will be developed. Should spaces become available prior to the first day of class, applicants will be notified.
- Applicants will be notified in writing of acceptance or non-acceptance via email on or about July 1 of each year.
Have additional questions about the LVN program application process? Please email email@example.com