GC Board Election Packet
Requirements for Candidacy (Texas Election Code 141.001(a); Texas Election Code 130.082(d), (g); Texas Gov’t Code 601.009:
To be eligible to be a candidate for, or elected or appointed to the Grayson College District Board of Trusttees, a person must:
- Be a United States citizen.
- Be 18 years of age or older on the first day of the term to be filled at the election or on the date of appointment, as applicable.
- Have not been determined by a final judgment of a court exercising probate jurisdiction to be:
- Totally mentally incapacitated; or
- Partially mentally incapacitated without the right to vote.
- Have not been finally convicted of a felony from which the person has not been pardoned or otherwise released from the resulting disabilities.
- Have resided continuously in the state for 12 months and in the territory from which the office is elected for six months immediately preceding the following date:
- For an independent candidate, the date of the regular filing deadline for a candidate's application for a place on the ballot.
- For a write-in candidate, the date of the election at which the candidate's name is written in.
- For an appointee to an office, the date the appointment is made.
- On the date described by number 5, be registered to vote in the territory from which the office is elected.
The Board of Trustees election will be held Tuesday, November 8, 2022. The following documents are required for filing:
- Application for Place on the Ballot, Form 2-21;
- Appointment of a Campaign Treasurer by a Candidate, Form CTA
- Candidate/Officeholder Campaign Finance Report, Form C/OH
Please note the following:
The period for filing a candidate's application begins Saturday, July 23, 2022 and ends Monday, August 22, 2022 at 5pm.
Applications will only be accepted during this period. No exceptions will be made.
- Please carefully read the instruction guides for all forms required by the Texas Ethics Commission and the Secretary of State.
- As a candidate for the Grayson College Board of Trustees, you do not need to file any of your election forms with the Secretary of State.
Please file all election forms with the local filing authority:
6101 Grayson Drive
Denison, TX 75020
Student Success Center, Administrative Suite
Additional Documents and Forms
- Application for Place on the Ballot (AW2-21)
- Appointment of Campaign Treasurer by a Candidate (CTA)
- Code of Fair Campaign Practices (CFCP)
- Candidate/Officeholder Campaign Finance (C/OH)