The problems you may experience while navigating through college life can prevent you from performing at your maximum potential. If you are experiencing difficulty in performing to your potential, social problems, and, or personal difficulties, seek assistance from Grayson College's Professional Counseling staff. Student Support Services provides personal counseling for students dealing with a wide variety of issues.
What is personal counseling?
The Counseling Center’s primary purpose is to provide psychological support to students as they pursue their academic and personal goals, and to enhance the quality of each student’s experience at Grayson College. The Counseling Center is intended for assessment and short-term counseling, with referrals to private counselors in the Texoma area if necessary. The center itself is funded through tuition and services are free of charge, although students are responsible for the cost of any external services. The number of sessions varies and is discussed as part of the initial intake process.
At the Counseling Center you may discuss and explore freely, any problems, feelings, or fears that are important to you. Unless you are an immediate danger to yourself or others, your conversations with a counselor will be confidential. The ultimate goal is to help you grow in self-understanding, so that you can better cope with your immediate situation and with future decisions.
What is informational counseling?
Counselors can explain GC procedures, regulations, and services. When you find yourself with a question and don't know where to turn, Counseling Services is a good place to begin.
Who is eligible for personal and informational counseling?
All students currently enrolled at Grayson College. Counseling is available on the Main Campus:
Director of Counseling Licensed Professional Counselor/Career Advisor
Licensed Professional Counselor Intern/Career Advisor
Counseling Hours & Locations
Academic and Career Advising Services 6101 Grayson Drive - Denison, TX 75020 903.463.8695 Located in Student Services in the Administrative Services Building
|August - May||
|Summer Hours - June and July||
Counselors are available on the south campus by appointment or online:
After hours appointments for personal counseling: 903-463-8695
Here for Texas
2601 Cornerstone Drive Sherman, TX 75092
24 Hour Hotline 903-893-5615 or 800-859-3909
- Abuse Issues: (903) 893-5615
- Is this Abuse?
- RAINN - Rape, Abuse, and Incest National Network Phone:
- Financial Help for Women in Abusive Relationships
- Here For Texas
- For Anxiety: National Institute of Mental Health
- For Depression:http://www.nimh.nih.gov/healthinformation/depressionmenu.cfm
- Addiction and Domestic Violence or Sexual Abuse Recovery Center http://www.recovery.org/
- For STDs: http://www.iwannaknow.org
- Mental Health Services of Grayson County 24 hour crisis line: 1-800-784-2433 or (903) 893-0175 for after hours emergencies
- College Alcoholism
- Drug Treatment Center Finder
- Here for Texas (Mental Health Resources for Texans)
- National Domestic Abuse Hotline 1-800-799-7233
- National Suicide Prevention Hotline 1-800-273-8255
- Recovery Hub
- Safety Planning
- Safety and Technology
- Start Your Recovery
- Suicide Prevention Guide
- Texas Advocacy Project
- Grayson County Victim Services
- Vocational Rehabilitation Services