F-1 students who have questions about the new SEVIS message should contact International Student Advisor, Brad McClenny (email@example.com). Grayson College is working on scheduling so that F-1 students will be in compliance. International students are encouraged to register for classes as soon as possible.
International students wishing to study here as an F-1 student must complete the following procedures to be considered for admission.
Step 1: English Language Proficiency
All tests must be sent directly to Grayson College. Students must submit a passing TOEFL or IELTS score, or must have completed ENG 1301 or its equivalent at another institution to qualify for admission to credit courses at GC. Passing TOEFL scores are: paper: 500; Internet-based TOEFL: 61. The IELTS minimum academic band score required is 5.0.
Students who wish to study in our Intensive English Program may do so without submitting TOEFL or IELTS scores.
Step 2: Application
• Fill out the International Student Application
• After you have submitted your online application, you will receive an email with a list of documents which you will need to submit.
Step 3: Submit documents together
Mail the listed documents in one envelope to the address below or send a scanned copy to firstname.lastname@example.org
Department of International Students
6101 Grayson Drive, Hwy 691
Denison, TX 75020-8299
Documents must be sent together in a single envelope. Failure to send materials in a single envelope may result in the denial of a student's application.
Step 4: Notification and visa
You will be notified by mail whether you have been accepted to GC. Once accepted, you will need to obtain an F-1 visa and plan your travel to the United States. Your acceptance letter will include additional information and requirements.
Step 5: Submit proof of health insurance
- Provide a photocopy of your health insurance card (This can be provided once you arrive at Grayson College)
- If you do not have health insurance you will need to purchase and provide evidence of new coverage on or before arrival at Grayson College
- Although we do not endorse certain insurance companies, the following list of companies have proven to be very reliable for students:
Transfer Students - Additional Requirements
International students transferring from another U.S. college or university must submit a current passport, I-94 card, I-20 form, and transfer clearance form. These documents are required in addition to those that will be emailed after the online application is submitted.
Note: The Transfer Clearance Form must be completed by your current institution's Designated School Official (DSO) by the end of the semester.
For additional information or inquiries, come see us in the International Student Office, (903) 463-8749 or email Brad McClenny