Office of Financial Aid
Are you interested in attending Grayson College, but wondering how you are going to afford college? The Office of Financial Aid (FA) wants to help make your education possible. We administer grants, scholarships, work-study, and loans for the College. This aid is from the Federal, State, and Institutional sources and is generally awarded based on need. Please read on for additional information regarding the Financial Aid Office resources.
DEADLINES FOR 2020-2021 FAFSA & STATE AID
The 2020-2021 FAFSA will open on October 1, 2019
- The 2020-2021 Priority Deadline for the FAFSA is January 15, 2020
- The last day to complete the 2020-2021 FAFSA is June 30, 2021
- The Texas state financial aid priority deadline is January 15, 2020 for all state programs for the 2020-2021 award year. It is recommended that applicants complete and submit the FAFSA application and any other required documentation to the financial aid office on or before January 15, 2020. Note: Texas residency and final eligibility for financial aid can only be determined by the institution that you plan to attend.
DEADLINES FOR 2021-2022 FAFSA & STATE AID
The 2021-2022 FAFSA will open on October 1, 2020
- The 2021-2022 Priority Deadline for the FAFSA is January 15, 2021
- The last day to complete the 2021-2022 FAFSA is June 30, 2022
- The Texas state financial aid priority deadline is January 15, 2021 for all state programs for the 2021-2022 award year. It is recommended that applicants complete and submit the FAFSA application and any other required documentation to the financial aid office on or before January 15, 2021. Note: Texas residency and final eligibility for financial aid can only be determined by the institution that you plan to attend.
The Grayson College Foundation provides scholarships from over 250 endowments and various annual donations. For most scholarships, the student must individually apply to each scholarship, submit an essay, and send a Thank You letter if awarded a scholarship.
For GC Scholarship information please visit our Scholarship page.
For Outside Scholarship information please visit our Outside Scholarship page.
Types of Aid
Grants are awarded to students on the basis of calculated financial need and normally do not need to be repaid. Grayson College offers the Pell Grant, FSEOG, TPEG, and TEOG for eligible students. For more information on eligibility and grant requirements, click here.
Loans are required to be paid back upon completion of your degree program, or when you drop below half-time (6 hours) enrollment. Please see our loans page for more detailed information about loans, loan providers and loan counseling.
Work Study is on campus employment for undergraduate students who demonstrate financial need. The money earned through Work Study is received by the student and does not have to be paid back. Grayson College offers student employment opportunities in a variety of departments. For additional information please see our Work Study page
Students interested in applying for financial aid will need to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
Grayson College FAFSA School Code 003570
Students who are unable to receive aid through FAFSA due to their immigration status should complete the FAFSA anyway in addition to the Senate Bill 1528 Application and Affidavit.
For additional Information and assistance on filling out the FAFSA, click here.
Veterans Services will help you file the required documents for veteran’s education benefits. For information regarding Veteran Benefits and Veteran Financial Aid forms, please visit out Veteran Services page.
For information regarding Tuition Cost and Fees, please click here.
Visit out Frequently Asked Questions page to find quick information regarding our services and Financial Aid processes.
Click here to access Financial Aid forms.
GC Code of Conduct
To Accept Financial Aid Awards:
- Log into your MyViking
- Click on the My Financial Aid tab
- Select either Accept or Decline