Undocumented/DACA Financial Aid
While undocumented college students are not eligible to receive federal financial aid, they may be eligible to receive state financial aid by completing the Texas Application for State Financial Aid (TASFA). To determine what application to use, follow the guide below:
|I am a U.S. Citizen (regardless of parents’ immigration status)||check|
|I am a permanent resident with an Alien Registration Card (I-551)||check|
|I am a conditional permanent resident with visa type I-551C||check|
|I am an eligible non-citizen with an Arrival/Departure Record (I-94) showing one of the following: Refugee, Asylum granted, Parolee (for a minimum of one year), Cuban-Haitian entrant.||check|
|Resident of Texas as defined by Senate Bill 1528
|I am a recipient of the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)||check|
|I have an F1 Visa - Contact International Admissions||Ineligible|
DACA Recipients who qualify for TASFA, may ask about working on campus through the Work-Study program. Texas College Work-Study is a work program where the student is eligible to earn up to the amount listed on their award letter. All jobs are located on various campus locations and pay minimum wage, currently $10.00 an hour. Please visit the Financial Aid Office for additional information or requirements.
Requirements and Application Process for TASFA
- Demonstrate financial need
- Graduated from a Texas public or private high school or received a GED certificate in Texas
- May be required to register for selective service if applicable
- Qualify as a Texas Resident for Grayson College
- Enroll or be accepted for enrollment in an associate degree or credit certificate program (at least 6 credit hours for most programs)
- Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress
- Enrollment and attendance in all classes each semester must be established prior to the census date of each class
How to Apply:
Applications for the incoming school year open October 1st, the priority deadline is January 15th. Submit the TASFA by the priority deadline to ensure sufficient time to review your application and award you.
- Fill out the Paper Application electronically or by hand
- The TASFA Application can be found on the College for All Texans webiste in both Spanish or English versions.
- A checklist of Required documents can be found in the forms section of the Financial Aid Website under Senate Bill 1528 Data/Affidavit in order to complete the application.
- Submit the application to Financial Aid by email email@example.com or in person.
- You may be asked to submit supplemental information.
- Financial Aid will send instructions on how to access your financial aid information in your MyViking Student Planner.