Coronavirus Information and Updates
COVID-19 Case Details
COVID-19 Response Updates
Phase IV Procedures
Beginning Tuesday, June 1st 2021, Grayson College moved into Phase 4 of the Return to Campus Plan.
- Employees will be present on campus.
- Services are offered primarily on campus with remote services still available.
- Travel restrictions may not be present.
- Face-to-face student support is available.
- Housing is available for students.
- Food service is provided.
- On campus Student Life activities are allowed.
- Common areas on campus including study rooms are available.
- Face-to-face instruction is available as is practical to do so. Faculty are encouraged to consider online and hybrid formats.
- Fine arts programs are allowed based on social gathering guidelines.
Reporting and Quarantine requirement update:If a fully vaccinated person is exposed to coronavirus and exhibiting no symptoms, quarentine is not required. If a fully vaccinated person is exposed and shows symptoms, quarentine is required.
COVID-19 Exposure Protocol
Exposed Cases without vaccine
No Symptoms- Submit an Exposure Form if you have been exposed to COVID-19. You will be eligible to test five (5) days after exposure if you do not have any symptoms. If the test is negative, you are eligible to return to campus after seven (7) days. You cannot test any earlier than day five (5). Exposure date is day zero (0).
Example: Pippi was exposed to Junie on January 15. She will be eligible to test on January 20. If the test is negative and Pippi is still asymptomatic, she may return to campus on January 23. Pippi has been quarantined for a full seven (7) days.
Symptoms- Submit an Exposure Form. You will be expected to remain off campus and in quarantine for a full ten (10) days. You may return to campus on day eleven (11) if your symptoms have abated. If you are ill beyond ten (10) days, you may not return to campus until you have marked symptom improvement for twenty-four (24) hours.
If you are diagnosed with an alternative illness, you may return once symptoms have abated or you are cleared to return by a doctor.
Exposed cases with valid vaccine or previous infection with 90 Days
No Symptoms- Submit an Exposure Form if you have been exposed to COVID-19. You will not be required to quarantine as long as you remain symptom-free. COVID-19 testing is encouraged.
Symptoms- Submit an Exposure Form. Proceed to a testing site and remain off campus until results are received. If positive, remain off campus for ten (10) days. If negative and symptoms have abated or markedly improved, you may return to campus. Please contact the COVID-19 response team before returning to campus.
If the exposure is a household member, you may not test until five (5) days AFTER the household member’s day ten (10). See below for positive case guidelines.
Valid Vaccine is defined as:
- The two shot Moderna vaccine is valid for six months after the second shot. A booster is required to remain valid.
- The two shot Pfizer vaccine is valid for five months after the second shot. A booster is required to remain valid.
- The one-shot Johnson & Johnson shot is valid for two months and then requires a booster to remain valid.
Positive Cases with or without vaccine
Please submit an Exposure Form if you test positive for COVID-19. The standard protocol for a positive case is ten (10) days away from campus beginning from the date of symptom onset or the specimen collection date for the positive test. Most COVID-19 cases have run their course by the end of ten (10) days. If you are still having symptoms after 10 days, you will need to have marked symptom improvement for twenty-four (24) hours without medication to be approved to return to campus.