GC Launches Follett Access
Date: Fri, November 20, 2020 05:00 PM
Grayson College will begin offering Follett Access, a program designed to deliver course materials through student course fees, for Fall 2021. With Follett Access, students can have what they need on the first day of class, stress-free. Course materials will be offered at a discounted price with this model and help to increase student preparedness at the start of the Fall 2021 Semester. Students who do not wish to participate in the program will have the option to opt-out.
"Grayson College is excited to offer the Access Program," GC President Dr. Jeremy McMillen said. "We believe access to books on day one is vital to our mission of student success and this program will help us achieve that."
In the past decade, the average cost of textbooks has gone up four times faster than the rate of inflation. Accessing and utilizing required course materials are key contributors to student success.
Follett Access helps students:
- Save significantly on course materials — up to 30 percent lower than if sourced or purchased directly by students
- Reduce stress during the purchasing process
- Easily access, manage and use all course materials regardless of format or cost
- Engage and learn on the first day of class by having access to all required course materials — regardless of major or financial status
- Eighty-nine percent of faculty report that the use of required course materials is very important for doing well in their courses, according to a Follett ACCESS faculty survey conducted by the Follett Higher Education Group.
- Follett has delivered an estimated 70 percent in average savings to students on the 200 campuses where the Follett ACCESS program is currently implemented.
- Seventy-two percent of University of Florida students surveyed say that the opt-in program through UF All Access is a good value, and 82 percent like the convenience of accessing eBooks through provided links.